Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Marriage Getaway

As I mentioned before, all of my married siblings went with Wayne and I up to Aspen Grove this last weekend for a "Marriage Getaway." My parents went to the same thing last year and were impressed with the experience enough that they paid for all of us to go. It really was a lot of fun! There were different activities that we could do in our free time. They fed us dinner Friday night, and breakfast and lunch on Saturday. The main event though was seminars by Brad Wilcox. He is LDS, a professor at BYU, and he speaks all over the place on different topics. He spoke to us about relationships, parenting, having a sense of humor about life, and then he spoke to us about the Atonement. He was amazing! He's an excellent speaker, but he's also very entertaining, so it's easy to listen to what he has to say. Overall it was a very good experience. It was wonderful to be there with my family, and of course to be there with Wayne. Oh, how I love him!
 

I don't usually like snow, but it really was beautiful up in the mountains. Especially when the sun came up.


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment